Thursday, February 23, 2012

Week 5-part 2

I must be in a blogging mood...2 days in a row-what is going on?!

So I made breakfast this morning and then before taking a bite, I remembered that you & I talked about me weighing myself this morning. So off I went to the bathroom to strip down with fingers crossed. Ta-da!

Weight: 136.4 lbs
Hydration Level:60.8%
Body Fat: 19.5%

MUCH different than I anticipated! What a nice surprise!

So, I returned to my breakfast of multi-grain whole wheat toast topped with 1 egg/1egg white and, what else, an avocado. Delicious.

I've been on top of the water and it makes me feel fabulous! I went to the gym as early as possible and ran my little heart out for two 10 minute miles. Whew! And during said run I thought of a recent post of London's (my friend with a fitness blog I showed you, remember?) where she talks about getting through a bunch of little battles all day. That run was a battle for me and I slaughtered it. SO violent.....please, calm down.

Yesterday I did weights for my lower body. I've told you before about that workout sucking your energy dry. Well, I topped it off with a run (just under 2 miles) and succumbed to a nap in the afternoon. Who can blame me? I seriously felt like I COULD NOT move!

But as soon as I hopped up on the treadmill today my legs felt stronger and ready to go. It felt different, and it felt GOOD.

So far today I've eaten the breakfast we discussed. I also had a chocolate protein shake & a banana after my run. Just now I finished off this.



Leftovers from the Turkey Burgers I grilled up last night & served alongside some Sweet Potato Fries. Except last night we had buns & cilantro and a pickle and hummus. After taking this picture, I added some Tabasco sauce.

Now that was tasty.

I plan to eat some rice/seed crackers with cottage cheese/avocado when my kids get home from school. I also bought stuff to make shrimp (never cooked it before) stir fry with my healthy version of fried rice for dinner. I'm going to go to parent teacher conferences tonight smelling just wonderful. :) You get what you get people. I'll let you know how it goes....

1 comment:

Marti said...

Why does your avocado look sooo perfect? Seriously your food is too pretty! I love your raw, real life experience in this thing called "dieting" that all of us mommas want to conquer. I sure miss you! Love your whimsical life and those babies of yours! :)