Sunday, January 15, 2012

Base Camp-Day 11

Well, let me tell ya, Day 11 just about sucked the life out of us. Clay and I both wanted to just go back to bed all day so that the next day would come. This is seriously ROUGH on the weekends. Probably because that's when we have the worst eating habits. This blog had a lot to do with me sticking to it. Otherwise, I think I might have spent the day baking pumpkin bread and devouring it by the loaf. However, I did not. I'm happy to say that we kept each other in check and we WILL make it through until Tuesday! Clay has also come to appreciate the fact that I'm doing this blog because it makes me be sure to actually make meals instead of defaulting to protein shakes for dinner while we're on this. :)

Weigh in
 Weight: 135 lbs.
Hydration level: 61%
Body Fat: 19.2%

Again, like I've mentioned previously, it's all going to fluctuate from day to day and we don't need to freak out about it. Think about how you feel instead.

How I Feel Today
I feel grumpy because I want to eat out of boredom & socially & for emotional reasons. But I'm trying to break myself of that. So I feel really proud of myself for that fact and encouraged that it's possible to do. My body feels great. Clay says he's surprised at how much tighter things are already and my energy level is fabulous. That makes such a big difference in my day.

Breakfast
  • oatmeal with vanilla, cinnamon, & raisins (I know I've told you not to fall into the same routine with your food, but honestly, this breakfast makes us feel stellar & we can't help ourselves. It's the perfect start to a day.)
  • omelet style eggs (1 whole/2 whites) with pico de gallo
  • green tea with lemon (another superfood combo)
Lunch
  • leftover Vegetable Beef Soup 
  • 1/2 sweet potato
Snacks
  • clementine
  • raw almonds
  • rice/seed crackers

    Dinner (it was a bit weird, but good to have something different)
    • Turkey burger with grilled onions, avocado, & tabasco
    • side salad (romaine lettuce, kalamata olives, hard boiled egg, unsalted sunflower seeds, avocado)
    • sweet potato fries (Cut 2 medium sweet potatoes into "steak fry size." Spray both sides with olive oil cooking spray. Toss around in brown paper bag with 1 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. chile powder, 1/2 tsp. salt. Cook in oven on broil (high) about 10 minutes, turning once.)
    Water 7 glasses


    Sleep 8.5 hours


    Three things I'm grateful for today
    • my oldest two got to go to the cabin with their cousins and grandma & grandpa
    • so grateful Clay & I are doing this together
    • Beatrice Potter books

    3 comments:

    Cheri said...

    Holy Moly! Go YOU!!!!! I don't know how I missed that you are doing this, so I just read through all the entries quick.\

    I am at an AWFUL spot food wise. I have spun out of control. I know exactly why. Stress and not cooking for any other adult. And trying not to spend money. This is a very bad combination. I am throwing back chocolate cake, corn dogs, and wheat chex like they're going out of style. It's a HORRIBLE feeling. Oh - and because I work all day and don't have another adult home most nights I am down to running once, sometimes twice a week. Yucky. I am trying to dig deep and find the motivation I had this past spring, but maybe I need to look into this program. I really enjoy being told what to do.

    Anyway - I am so proud of you. And Clay. Keep up the fabulous work! And is that green mosaic tile I spotted in your kitchen? I love it!!

    Cheri said...

    Oh - and I have a huge bag of grapefruit sitting in my fridge. How do you cut it so it's all lovely and easily consumed?

    Lindsay said...

    Thank you! I love the tile too! They did such a pretty job of it. I personally can not get grapefruit to look like that. I buy the fruit naturals fruit cups, but they're pricey and Clay says we shouldn't anymore. For that reason. I just found a tutorial yesterday on how to get the goods out of a grapefruit. I'll see if I can find it...