Thursday, January 5, 2012

Base Camp-Day 1

Clay & I are just starting Day 1 of the Strength for Life program. At the very beginning of that is a 12 day "reboot" period where you basically eat green, clean, & lean. Lots of veggies, fruits, no refined sugars, lean protein. No dairies, limited grains & carbohydrates.You get it. We are also combining that with a GNC box full of cleansing vitamins and this nasty probiotic blend we drink in the mornings. There is nothing quite like starting your day out with a chunky drink, let me tell ya!

In the 12 days, we're also supposed to get at least 7 hours of sleep per night, lots of water throughout the day, a pretty basic & not really taxing exercise routine, and we're supposed to list 3 things we're grateful for each day. IF one of these things is not done according to the plan, you start over.

I'm going to put on here how much I weigh, my measurements, etc. here at the beginning to reference back to. I've also heard it's more motivating when you're accountable to someone. And so, dear blogoland, I'm accountable to you.

Here are my beginning statistics:

Weight: 139.4 lbs.
Hydration level: 60.1%
Fat percentage: 20.4%
Right Bicep (flexed): 12 in.
Bust: 33.5 in.
Waist: 28.75 in.
Hips: 39.75 in.
Thigh: 22.75 in.
Calf: 14.75 in.

How I feel/my habits:
sluggish. I walked up the stairs at the doctor's office the other day panting. Get a grip! I don't think I can accurately describe for you how much I love bread, cheese, & Peanut M&M's. I'm also in the detrimental habit of eating a snack around 9 p.m. after already having dinner. I typically go to bed at 11:00 p.m. and wake up at 7:00 a.m. I am tired by 2 p.m. so I try to get all my cleaning done before that time. I'm working on eliminating as much stress as possible. The last time I exercised was twice last week and before that, probably 2 months. Nothing consistent, mind you. I make dinner nightly for my family and enjoy cooking with good old-fashioned, real deal, delicious butter. During the day I eat whatever I can quickly grab. That usually includes toasted bread & butter, a roll, cheese, a handful of peanuts, orange juice, basically anything I can shove in my mouth without my baby circling me doing his "beggar grunts."

Breakfast 
  • 1 glass of water
  • bowl of oatmeal cooked with some cinnamon & vanilla
  • scrambled eggs (2 white/1 yolk)
  • 1 more glass of water mix with nastified probiotic blend


Snacks
  • a clementine
  • a banana
  • raw almonds
Lunch 
  • spinach salad with broccoli, chicken, tomatoes, & the amazing avocado!!! If you do not like avocados, I strongly encourage you to change your mind.  


Dinner
  • Baked Salmon (we recommend Steelhead salmon from Costco) I drizzled 1 Tbsp. olive oil over both fillets, sprinkled with pepper and a no-salt seasoning. Tasty.
  • Quinoa (pronounced keen-wah)Vegetable Pilaf (recipe here), tried this recipe for the first time. It was tasty & went quite well with the salmon.

      Total water for the day: 7 glasses

      Exercise: 10 min. jog, push-ups, squats, & crunches. And now I'm shaking. And don't be thinking I'm busting out some impressive push-up. I'm shaking and grunting and screaming my way through "girly style."

      3 things I'm grateful for today:

      • Michael Jackson's music
      • That I found some patience & taught Brandt to sweep the front porch properly.
      • The sun came out and we spent a lot of time basking in it.

      Success!

        7 comments:

        jessica said...

        You go girl! Work it! Rock on! (is this helping?)

        I'm trying to be better too. I dont care so much about losing anything because my body has weighed the same for like 6 yrs (besides pregnancy obviously) so I think that's just my ideal weight and don't care to try to change it. But I do want to eat better and move more. Trying to find my yoga time and filled the fridge with veggies for my snacking earlier today. Let's share dinner ideas... Dinner is hard for me. I get tired of chicken and veggies.

        Camille said...

        Fabulous! I am so glad you made this blog. You and Clay are the dieting experts, and I'm excited to get a peek at HOW you stick to your diets so well.

        The food looks delicious. Way better than the jumk I eat!

        I hope your motivation rubs off on me. This blog will totally get my motivation up, so thank you for sharing!

        Happy cleansing!

        Aubrey said...

        Yea!! I cant believe how much we are a like. It is kinda scary to me, why are we not closer friends. I would love to excersize and share ideas with you, but I dont think you live close :) As I was reading this, it sounds exactly like me, measurements and all. Anywho like you care. I am excited you started this blog, you already are an inspiration. I would love to get healthy food ideas, and excersise ideas. I ran all last summer and loved it. Havent done anything for 2 months, but did start on Monday!! Well good luck with your adventure.

        Lindsay said...

        Thank you ladies! I'm glad this is helpful for you too.

        Camille-you make DELICIOUS food!!!

        Aubrey- I definitely do care! Please let me know what works for you. Maybe we can run a race together this spring/summer?

        Amy said...

        Umm. You need to come cook for my diet. I am lost without my e-mealz. Ask Brandon. Good luck!!!

        Marti said...

        So, I love you. Love the blog...and I'm going to stalk it daily. Love the recipes and meal ideas...I'm sooooo over chicken. Love how you are keeping it real. Question...how do you know your hydration level? Can't wait to see how much you love the changes! Hope you took before and after pics....even if you keep them to yourself! :)

        Marti said...

        aaaannnnddd...would you share how you do your oatmeal? I love it raw in things...but have never loved cooked. Yours looks delish!