Friday, January 13, 2012

Base Camp-Day 9

Can I just say that keeping this record is really helping me? It really is. The program is actually supposed to be started on a Monday but we didn't have our act together to start it until Wednesday. That really doesn't have much bearing on anything but our free days. 

After Base Camp, we do a 12 week transformation period of more intense exercise & different food plans. We get 6 days of specific eating guidelines and then one free day each week. Well, Base Camp is supposed to end and then you get 2 free days in a row and then you begin the 12 weeks. But now we have extra days in there that we don't know what to do with because we want to start our 12 weeks on a Monday. We still haven't made up our minds for sure what we're doing. I'll keep you posted on that...

So here we are on Day 9.

Tonight I wanted to go out (and order what we can eat) and Clay said absolutely not. He had just come home from a day of passing up yummy sandwiches someone brought into work and they always go out for wings & tots on Friday's. He didn't want to stare at and smell food he wanted but couldn't have anymore. Understandably.

Fortunately, I'm an awesome wife and had Vegetable Beef soup in the crock pot and sweet potatoes baking in the oven. So we had a night "in". And it was delicious!

Weigh in results
Weight: 135.6 lbs. (same as yesterday)
Hydration level: 61 % (same as yesterday)
Body Fat: 19.3% (improvement!)

Breakfast
  • omelet style eggs with pepper (1 whole/2 whites)
  • oatmeal with cinnamon, vanilla, & raisins
Lunch
  • whole grain rotini pasta with leftover pasta sauce
  • banana
Snacks
  • raw almonds
  • edamame (soybeans)
Sidenote: Edamame is a fantastically fast snack food (3 min.) that is high in protein and has a snacky quality that makes it fun, like popcorn. You know, where you're just sitting there doing some mindless eating? If you haven't tried it before, maybe today's your day! On the package it says to squeeze them out with your finger, but then they kind of shoot all over the place.  So we eat them like this, and do the job with our mouths, so that's where they end up. :) Don't eat the pod!!!



Dinner
  • Vegetable Beef Soup (recipe below)
  • plain sweet potato (white variety, wrapped in foil, bake in 400 degree oven for 1 hour)
  • a glass of original Silk (soymilk)
    Vegetable Beef Soup

close to 1 lb. extra lean stew meat
2 cans low sodium beef broth
1 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp (or 2 cloves ) garlic
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1/2 medium yellow onion, diced

Put all ingredients in crock pot. Cook on high 4 hours. Serves 4.
(you could also add green beans, some sweet potatoes, & I think even barley. Be inventive!)

Water 7 glasses

Exercise
  • yoga, push-ups, lunges, & crunches

Three things I'm grateful for today
  • that I got up early, stayed up, & ended up having time to squeeze in a quick 45 min. yoga session
  • good friends
  • root lifter-which I'm out of
How I feel 

SO MUCH ENERGY today!!! Love it!!

    4 comments:

    Marti said...

    Your eyebrows look amazing!! ;)

    Jennie-O said...

    I've never tried homemade vegetable beef soup. Yours looks so yummy, I think ill give it a try. P.s. when I went to the pantry this afternoon & had a stare-down with the hershey kisses I thought to myself, "what would lindsay do?" So, I had some raw almonds instead :) thanks for being my inspiration!!

    Lindsay said...

    Thank you Marti! That made me so happy!

    Yay Jennie!!!! That made me laugh-especially because just yesterday I was honestly thinking to myself, "I would really like to keep a jar of hershey's kisses around the house for kids who come over." Funny huh? :)

    Dad / Grandpa Thomason said...

    after having those soy beans at your house I picked some up for myself. They are deliciously addicting.