Saturday, January 14, 2012

Base Camp-Day 10

Day 10!!! Okay, can you believe it has been 10 days? The cool thing about doing this at the beginning of the program we're about to start is that we will never be required to go 12 straight days again. The most we'll go is 6. So it boosts your willpower when you actually finish this to realize that 6 days IS possible, since you've already done double that.

Weigh in
Weight: 133.4 lbs.
Hydration level: 61.3%
Body Fat:18.8%

Accomplishments
  • Bought a treat for Brandt & Brooklyn to share. That thing winked at me and did a little dance. It smelled soooooooooo sweet. And even after all that, I said, "Sorry toots, not today." Brandt & Brooklyn ate it and after finishing, complained of headaches and that the frosting was just too sweet. Even Brandt. I thought nothing was too sweet for that little sugar addict. That made me feel better.

Breakfast
  • oatmeal with cinnamon, vanilla, & raisins
Lunch
  • loaded salad (romaine lettuce, olives, hard boiled egg, avocado, shredded chicken, roasted, tomato, unsalted sunflower seeds)
Snacks
  • rice/seed crackers with fresh salsa
Dinner
  • coconut curry chicken on brown basmati rice (tweaked recipe below)
  • sauteed zucchini & yellow squash
  • Coconut Curry Chicken
    • About 2 lbs. boneless skinless Chikcken Breast (cut into bite size cubes 
    • 1 whole onion, peeled & quartered
    • 2 cloves garlic, peeled
    • 1 whole small green pepper, seeded & quartered
    • 4 Tbs. tomato paste
    • 1 can coconut milk (about 14.5 oz.)
    • 1 tsp. salt
    • 1 Tbs. curry powder
    • 1 Tbs. garam masala (indian spice mix)
    • 1.5 tsp. roasted red pepper flakes
    • 1 tsp. coriander
  1.  Place chicken cubes inside the slow cooker.
  2. Place the rest of the ingredients (except red pepper flakes) in a food processor & mix together until smooth-ish. (I used a blender. So I put the coconut milk in first and made sure the bell pepper & onion were diced before they went in.) Pour sauce on top of chicken, mix well, & add pepper flakes. Then close lid. Cook on high 4 hours.
  3. Serve on top of steaming rice. Decorate with chopped coriander if you'd like. 
  Water 7 glasses

Sleep 7.5 hours

Exercise
45 min. of yoga, 10 min. jog, push-ups, lunges, & crunches

How I feel
Seriously great!! I miss food because of what food is to me. It's enjoyable and comforting and just plain fun to eat. But today I thought of what Jennifer Aniston said in an interview, "I'm a realist. If I eat burgers & fries I won't get the parts I'm offered." If I eat everything I want to, I wont end up with the results I want either. And by the way, the yoga felt incredible. It has been way too long. I think it just helps things along as far as getting rid of toxins. I love yoga! You should fall in love with it too!

Three things I'm grateful for today
  • Brandt's haircut
  • the chance to go spend time alone with Brooklyn
  • Nordstrom Rack took back my dress, even after it had been 30 days

No comments: