Friday, January 27, 2012

Transformation-Day 5

Yeah, I completely forgot to weigh in this morning. And last night I felt like I had struggled with not eating every sweet I could think of all day or stopping at any fast food while I was out & about. 

AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

So that exhausted me/put me in a grumpy mood, on top of cooking dinner and doing homework for way too long after it. Some days just need to end early, am I right? So when Clay asked me when I was going to the gym, I told him I was NOT.


Did I tell you how great dinner was? Because it was. And really when I was thinking about what I could buy at those fast food joints, I kept thinking about the turkey sandwich I ate earlier in the day that I think I said, "mmmmmmmmmmmmm...." the entire time I was eating it. There were avocados, red onions, mustard and of course bread & turkey involved. It was SO BLASTED GOOD!!!! Are we all doing the happy dance for the go-ahead to have bread now? Ahhh, yeah!


Chicken Noodle Soup
6 cans low sodium Swanson chicken broth
3 stalks celery, diced
1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
a handful of baby carrots, chopped
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1. 5 cups shredded chicken (I just broke up the rotisserie chicken we bought earlier in the week)
1/4 pkg. of whole wheat fettuccine noodles, broken up into little bits, cooked & drained
pepper to taste
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 baked potatoes

Directions:  
  1. saute onion & celery in frying pan with olive oil. Add garlic for last 2 min.
  2. I just cooked the carrots right in with the pasta in a big pot
  3. drain
  4. add onions, celery, garlic mixture
  5. keep simmering while adding broth, chicken & pepper
  6. add in baked potato, all broken up
  7. the end
What the yum on a cold day?

So anyway, I said "poo-poo" to the gym. Instead, I hopped in bed at 8:30 and watched FatChef. Inspiring. Made me feel like a slob. These people are making sweets and pure deliciousness all day. The chick was a single mom. She worked like 100 hours a week and was able to squeeze in workouts. The guy lost 100 freakin' pounds. And I laid in bed as a witness making eyes at all the food they were tempted by. Lovely. 

So today I woke up in a daze, managed to get my kids out the door. I did not remember to weigh myself and I did not cook a fantasmic breakfast for my husband or myself. BAD IDEAS!!! He wasn't too happy about it either. And then I ate some yogurt covered pretzels which I totally am not supposed to. Way to go.

BUT (and this is a big ol' mother lovin' BUT)....

I did not let that determine my actions for the rest of the day. Just because you slip up doesn't mean you're doomed for all time. Just get at it again. And get at it I did. Because I skipped yesterday's workout, I am now required to add it to today's. So not only did I go to the gym and waste my arms and back, I also just about died on the treadmill right after that. 

I'm not interested in doubling them up again. It kicked my butt, hard. Oh. My. Gosh. (Becky) On the other hand, I seriously LOVE the feeling I have after I'm done with a workout. I feel like I could fight someone and I kind of WANT to. Maybe I should take up boxing or cage fighting????

Tomorrow is our free day...

Where are the pictures lately? SHEESH!!! I'll get on that.




No comments: