Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Week 5

Forefront on my mind this week (thus far) has been the fact that nutrition counts for 80% of weight loss. My last free day easily turned into a free weekend and Clay asked if we were even doing this anymore. The answer is yes. Yesterday I was incredible with my eating. Do I just need to take it a day at a time? Or even one meal at a time? Maybe. I am easily overwhelmed.

Last night I made a pretty fantastic dinner amidst pure chaos. My husband was absent, the baby was screaming his demands, and while trying to focus on the recipe I was reading, I was also shouting out spelling words to quiz Brooklyn on.  But we made it through. I have never cooked with tofu before.  I think it was my kid's first time trying it possibly? They loved it. It was called Coconut Red Curry Sauce & Noodles. I saw it on Worst Cooks in America and it sounded downright delightful.

Oh-here's the recipe. Thank you Bobby Flay. There are no pictures. If you're wondering why, see previous paragraph. Maybe I'll take one of my lunch of leftovers today. Sure. Look forward to that.



Well, lucky you, you didn't have to wait for that very long at all!

Sidenote: Soy is pretty amazing. And think of all those different forms it comes in! I drink Silk, eat edamame, and tofu. Dramatically different.

Another tasty thing to try that I polished off before grabbing my camera, is cottage cheese with a mashed up avocado in it. Just eat away at a bowl of that with your rice/seed crackers. Pretty good. I eat an avocado every day.

For breakfast I had the usual, but the eggs were scrambled and we were out of raisins for the oatmeal.

My water intake is up and tomorrow I'll weigh in. Quite honestly, after my weekend of throwing caution to the wind, I haven't been all that anxious to remember to jump on the scale.

I did not exercise yesterday, but I'm on my way today.

Dinner tonight is yet to be determined....

Funny little tidbit. I felt a lump in my right leg above my knee while driving and pointed it out to Clay that evening. He felt it and said, "That's a muscle Lindsay." So things are happening I suppose. I was great on the gym last week & not so hot with eating. But things are going on! Maybe this week I can get a handle on myself and combine it all???? Won't that be lovely?

No comments: