Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Week 4

Well, that was quite a lull we had there. Heh, heh.

Let me break down the past 2 weeks for you, if I may.

Week 2 was filled to the brim with a sick baby who wanted nothing but me. And when my life is in such a state, I grab anything I can to eat as fast as possible and don't really care what it is. And that sick week drove me to the peanut M&M's. Yes, it did.


Week 3 Clay was out of town and I fully intended to get myself back on plan. I went shopping for the week and picked up a large bag of those cheese sticks from Costco. I did not buy them for me, I bought them for my kids and kids who come to my house. But I ate them. I ate so very many of them. And I ate more peanut m&m's. And I made no bake cookies. Twice. And I ate a lot of them. And I only exercised twice.  And I felt completely dehydrated all week long since I wasn't on top of my water. My body felt terrible. And I missed Clay.

And now here we are at week 4.

At the beginning of week 2 I felt frustrated. It turns out I'm an impatient person and I'm interested in seeing results pronto. But, that's not exactly how it works. And I let it get me down. I kept thinking to myself as I looked in the mirror, is it ever really REALLY going to change? Do I just write myself & my body off at 30 years and look ahead to being a plump grandmother with a comfy lap and heavy snuggly arms?

Basically I needed a serious butt kicking.

I watched FatChef again and the girl on it was feeling the same exact way. Then she said, "Well, like they say, Rome wasn't built in a day, and I guess neither was my [butt]."

True. 

So, I ask you, why should I expect it to snap back to my 20 year old state when this body I'm rockin' has been 10 years in the making? Is that even logical?

Um, sidenote: I really wish SOMEONE would have warned me of the phenomenon that is the "Freshman 15." I had never even heard of that until about 3 years PAST my freshman year, and a nice 15 lbs. later, thank you very much.

Clay got back, and I ditched him to go watch a movie with a handful of girlfriends. The popcorn smelled delightful and everyone got a soda. But honestly, my body was like, "WATER!!! GET ME SOME FREAKIN' WATER!!!!" So I'm happy to say, I listened, and was happy I did.

And this week has gone rather well, if I do say so myself. And I do. I have a different outlook this week. I read more in the book. He explains there are two types of motivation, outward & inward. I have been focusing on the outward. That's where my frustration lies. The outward motivation focuses on a FUTURE reward whereas the inward motivation focuses more on changing things RIGHT NOW and enjoying the changes as we go and thus benefitting with the results of those changes later on.

If that made no sense to you, read about it in the book. He does a much better job explaining it. I'm now trying to focus on changing my lifestyle because I really want to rather than because it is the way a plan says to do things.

I've also been thinking about a conversation which my grandma had with my dad about his decision to finish college. He expressed that if he started out at that point, "I won't be finished until I'm 30!!" And she responded, "You'll be 30 anyway."

So, yes, this may be 12 weeks long. But the 12 weeks will come and go regardless of what I choose to do with them. So I may as well get at it and have something to look back on to be proud of, and a lifestyle change to move forward with, right?

So here are my weigh-in's for the past 3 days.

Monday
Weight: 141.4 lbs.
Hydration: 59.7%
Body Fat: 20.9%

Tuesday
Weight: 138.4 lbs.
Hydration: 60.4%
Body Fat: 20.0%


Wednesday
Weight: 137.6 lbs.
Hydration: 60.5%
Body Fat: 19.9%

I'm feeling better. And thus far, I have exercised every day this week.

7 comments:

Kiersti said...

FYI - I GOT A WATER AT THE MOVIE!!!! Thank you very much :)
(we won't mention the popcorn I got....we're just discussing water here)

Lindsay said...

Hahaha! My bad Kiersti!

Aubrey said...

Yea you are back! :) I missed your motivation. You might not realize it, but you motivate me. I dont want to seem creepy, but the things you are experiencing are so much like what I have been experiencing. My bad week was last week, which was of course when my monthly cycle hits, and I have no motivation whats so ever. But on track again this week, and happy to see you are back.
My two weeknesses are peanut m&m's and string cheese as well. And yes I have had many of those this week.
I have a hard time keeping hydrated with water, so it makes excersising so much harder.

Lindsay said...

How funny that we both go after the same things Aubrey. I'm happy to know this is helpful to you too! Thank you!

Marti said...

I missed you!!! And...sounds like your week off was mine this week! UGGG. Why does it have to go down so dramatically? :) Glad you are back. Love your skinny little toosh!

Lindsay said...

Mwah!!!

jessica said...

Mine was a DIET coke. No popcorn. I felt proud of that!!!! ;)