Monday, January 30, 2012

transformation-day 8

Weigh In:
Weight: 137 lbs.
Hydration: 60.7%
Body Fat: 19.7%

Nutrition
The food plan during the transformation phase is made up of two key components, proteins & carbohydrates. The protein builds your muscles which in turn burn your fat. And the carbs give you energy. And we're supposed to have 5 meals in that context with an unlimited amount of veggies. Um, that's a LOT of food.

Exercise PUSH (upper body weights)
Bench: high was 25 lbs.
Flyes: high was 10 lbs.
Side Raises: high was 10 lbs.
Kickbacks: high was 12 lbs.
Curls: high was 15 lbs.
 *these are dumbbells I used, so it's per arm. 

And today, while eating my fantastic turkey sandwich that I can't seem to say enough about, I read in the book, Strength for Life. If you're thinking about doing this, please PROMISE me you're reading the book!!! I can't explain all the concepts & what not on here unless I write a book myself. Read it. Look it up online, check it out from the library. It's worth your time. Enough on that, this is what I came across today:

Eat for life.

He explains it so simply. I love that. He suggested that when we eat in "craving mode" we're satisfying our brain while we eat and pay little attention to how we feel afterwards. However, when we eat for life we choose to eat what will make our bodies perform better and feel better. He suggested I think about how my sandwich was making me feel, so I'll tell you.



My turkey sandwich made me happy. Yes, I was very happy with my choice. I didn't miss my full fat mayo (ex-lover) even one bit because I had 1/2 an avocado on there providing me with creaminess and a taste I LOVE. I got my fat, it was just a healthy fat. And my sandwich wasn't dry because of it. I feel energized, ready to clean the house and it's 2 p.m. On a normal day for me that would be a rarity. Two o' clock is typically when my body says, "Let's snooze, shall we?" And I don't.  I have to fight it, and drudge through. But not so today. Today I have energy!!! I also feel satisfied and full. But not the same kind of full I did after eating the burger and fries last week. I was full and heavy and wanted to nap. But today I feel ready to go & fresh. Hmmmmm, very nice.




No comments: