Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Base Camp-Day 6

Day 6, that's HALF WAY!!!

I felt positively wretched with this head cold today. But we needed to go grocery shopping and I decided to man up & do it anyway. It is really hard to go to a grocery store early in the morning, right after they've pulled out all the bread, and it's so warm & fresh.....when you can't have bread. I almost cried.

And when I packed the kid's lunches for the day I threw in a couple of starburst & realized it would totally be my habit to pop one (or 5) in my mouth at the same time usually. But I caught myself, and didn't. Go me! Cause I kinda like those too.

WEIGH IN:
(same exact as yesterday)

As far as food goes, since I was sick, I really wasn't hungry at all.

Breakfast
  • 1 completely naked leftover white sweet potato  (Yeah, for breakfast. And it was sooooooooo good with nothing on it.)
  • probiotic blend (So chunky this morning. Wanted to die.)
Lunch
  • leftover chicken noodle soup 
Snacks
  • banana
  • raw almonds
Dinner 
  • pan-seared chicken with salt-free Mrs. Dash & grilled onions
  • steamed spinach
  • 1/2 large orange sweet potato

Total water for the day: 7 glasses

Three things I'm grateful for today:
  • my sweet thoughtful kids
  • a good nap
  • finally cleared off the clutter magnet dresser. YESSSSSS!!!

3 comments:

jessica said...

Just caught up and read the boobs on your butt analogy. I loved it! Made me smile! And I think it makes sense. My hips/ butt are definitely ON MY BOOBS! Isn't it weird how weight is distributed so differently on different bodies? Maybe I could give you half of my boobs and we could both enjoy a nice full B cup or something?!!! I would love that. And i seriously think half my pregnancy weight gain was boobs. You should have seen them!! Mind blowing. Would sort of love to cut them off and drop 10 lbs. I could talk about this all day. I am so weird.

jessica said...

Ps. You are doing awesome with the challenge! Keep it up!!!!! My lunch today was carrots, sugar snap peas and CHEESE! Besides the cheese are you so proud?!!

Lindsay said...

SO very proud & HAPPY that someone gets my boobs on butt thought processes & AGREES!! Love ya!