Friday, January 6, 2012

Base Camp-Day 2

Well, we finished up Day 1 and I was definitely ready to hit the hay, but I'm happy to say I stayed energized all day!! (I'm a poet on the side.) I wasn't hungry yesterday except for when I was out walking with the babe. Should have taken along a snack. Now we know!!

So, now it is Day 2, welcome to it!

We're required to get 7 hours of sleep per night and I got 7.5, but I honestly think this girl needs 8 hours to be completely ready to rise & actually shine! I'm not madly in love with the early morning. But I have to get my feet on the floor and whip up Clay & I some breakfast & put together a lunch for him while he's in the shower. Which I'm happy to do, but would be happier if I could do it while sleepwalking with my down comforter wrapped around me.

And I must cook as quietly as possible so as not to wake the snoozing little baby just down the hall. But....the boy woke up this morning. BLAST!!! It's like he can sense when I'm up early, which is why exercising in the early morning doesn't work out so well for me. So I had to eat my eggs & oatmeal cold. That's not the ideal way to enjoy them, but they were actually still quite good.

-It's important to change up what you're eating
so you don't get bored or burnt out. - 

Even if it's as simple as adding raisins to your oatmeal one day & apples the next. Did you ever try the Atkins diet? Not too far into that, you look at a plate of eggs & would rather start cutting off parts of your body than eat what's in front of you.

I weighed after breakfast this morning because I forgot to beforehand. I'll do the measuring bit once a week. Here are the results:

Weight: 138.2 lbs.
Hydration Level: 60.4%
Body Fat: 20%


Breakfast
  • Old-fashioned oatmeal with organic raisins (no added sugar), a dash of cinnamon, & a blip of vanilla extract (You're going to notice a common theme here.)
  • Scrambled eggs (2 whites/1 yolk), slice of tomato and some avocado (again, I think you should come to adore avocados for the little piece of heaven that they are. They give a creaminess to a salad when you aren't putting dressing on. They give things that richness factor that you look for in a fat. This one's just healthy too.)
  • Grosser than gross probiotic mix with some water. Vomit!

Snacks

  • raw almonds
  • a clementine
  • raisins
Lunch

  • leftovers from dinner last night (Salmon & Quinoa)
  • an avocado
Dinner
  • Tomato, Basil, & Mushroom sauce over Spaghetti (good-tasted like a normal dinner, not like we were trying too hard and eating funkadelic food)
1/2 yellow onion, diced, cook in 1 Tbs. olive oil over med. heat until translucent.
Add 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic (or 1 clove), cook for 3 min.
Add 2 tomatoes diced & a sprinkling of Red pepper flakes.
Cook for 3 more min.
Add 1 Tbs. roughly chopped basil & immediately remove from heat.
Brown a container of fresh sliced mushrooms (don't crowd them in the pan. I learned that from watching Julie & Julia.) in about a Tbs, of olive oil & sprinkle with pepper.

  • Pan Seared Chicken (drizzle olive oil in skillet, get the pan screamin' hot, but not smoking, place chicken in, sprinkle with Salt free seasoning (like Mrs. Dash), flip when golden brown)
  • Fresh Green Beans (blanched)


Glasses of Water: 7 

Three things I'm thankful for today: 
  • Tylenol for my teething/ear infected baby.
  • All my dad's hard work & honesty for years & years & years to take care of a huge family.
  • The little bits of country here & there still left in the Salt Lake Valley.

At night, I watched Despicable Me with my oldest two, and they wanted a treat, and I wanted a snacky treat myself. T-E-M-P-T-A-T-I-O-N!!!! I wasn't hungry in the slightest, but it's kind of a typical movie thing to do. However, we went without, and...we survived!!!

p.s. So far my kids have loved all the food. Brayden even became the world's newest fan of salmon.

2 comments:

Camille said...

nice work on resisting the movie treat. you're much stronger than i. i'm so happy you're sharing your recipes -- talk about serving up a diet on a platter. you've taken the hardest part out of the dieting equation - figuring out what to make for dinner. yay for you and your healthiness!

Lindsay said...

Yay-I'm so glad it's helping someone! Clay's like what the heck are you taking all these pictures for? And now I'll say, "For Camille." :)