Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Free Day #1

What I did with my freedom:

Honey bunches of oats
+ buttered toast
+ a triple cheese grilled cheese sandwich
+ Peanut M&M's
+ a philly cheesesteak
+ Garden Salsa Sunchips
+ 1/2 a soda
+ a cinnamon roll
=a pounding headache, a stomachache, and blegh. Ohhhhh, blegh!!! My stomach is so angry!!

I was aching to eat the grapefruit in my fridge and still pounded water like it was going out of style. And I was actually really itching to go and exercise. But I resisted.

Clay believes in still eating healthy on his free day because he doesn't want to slide backwards. Boo! I got up and made him his oatmeal & eggs this morning.

the point is to feel as revolting & lethargic as possible to realize the effects different foods have on your body. Soon you realize that you don't want to eat ice cream because of the way you feel after eating it.

the point is not to get burnt out. So you should eat things you can't on the other days, if possible.

the point is not to feel like you can NEVER have the foods/drinks you LOVE for the rest of your life. If you want to try all 31 flavors on your free day, go right ahead. If you want to eat an entire pizza solo, feel free. Just do it once a week. Not really that restrictive once you think it through.

the point is to be excited to eat healthy & exercise through the upcoming week because you just took a crash course on how it feels to not be doing that stuff.

Bring it.

1 comment:

Kiersti said...

I completely believe in free days for that reason! You need to feel like poo to understand what makes your body feel wonderful :)
BTW, I forgot about this blog until yesterday, and I'm kind of loving it. Keep it up!!