Sunday, January 8, 2012

Base Camp-Day 4

We've all got some sort of cold thing going on here at our house on Day 4. So I can't say my 8 hours of sleep were particularly restful, but they did happen. My head is just a foggy heavy mess. Blegh. A couple of side notes about doing this particular plan....

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

I feel like I am constantly cooking a meal, preparing food for later, or cleaning up in my kitchen. That's fine with me, but it's a heads up for you to be aware of should you give it a go. Also, you have to start cooking before you get hungry. Getting hungry is rare, but once it hits you, you want something NOW or you become severely GRUMPY. (in our experience) Or you may find it easier to veer off your plan.

When you make a meal, try to include a protein & a carbohydrate so that you do stay full & energized. If you're going to spend all that time in the kitchen, make a good meal so it's worth your while, rather than just piecing here & there to keep the edge off.
 
My weigh in this morning went well:

Weight: 135.2 lbs.
Hydration Level: 60.8%
Body Fat: 19.5%

Woohoo! Everything is headed in the right direction! And that is actually the most hydrated I've ever seen myself. So that's exciting! It's important to weigh in at the same time every day. I do so on an empty stomach, in my skivvies, right after I wake up. Otherwise I forget, & end up doing it after I've eaten.  That can alter your body fat some.


Breakfast
  • eggs, whipped up & cooked omelet style (2 whole eggs/2 whites) with avocados, cilantro, & pico de gallo
  • oatmeal with organic raisins, cinnamon, & vanilla (so full now)
  • probiotic drink that today wasn't that bad (gasp!)


Have you every heard of a Superfood? Eating avocados alongside salsa is a superfood combination that lowers your risk of cancer. If you're interested in learning more combinations, this is a good place to do that. Or this.

Snacks
  • raw almonds
  • sugar snap peas

Lunch 
  • leftover quinoa
Dinner
  • Coconut Curry Chicken over brown rice (We get our big bag of rice from Costco. This brand is the best brown rice we've come by. I know they do also sell it in smaller bags in regular grocery stores.)
  • steamed broccoli




Unlike the rest of my family, I didn't LOVE the recipe for the chicken. So I'll be tweaking it a bit before I post it on here.

Total water for the day: 7 glasses

Three things I'm grateful for today
  • helpful kids
  • that there are nice & good people to be found no matter where you go
  • my dishwasher

    2 comments:

    Jennie-O said...

    Lindsay, I love this blog of yours. I look at it every day to get yummy, healthy ideas for my own family. Thanks!! You rock!

    Lindsay said...

    I'm so glad! I'll let you know as soon as I get that curry recipe figured out, it has some seriously YUMMY potential.