Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Base Camp-Day 12

Day 12. It is so hard knowing it is your last day. It's all I could think about really.

Water is one of the things I have come to find is the most helpful to get feeling better in a snap. Headache? You probably need water. Feeling "munchy"? Water helps. Need to wake up? Water. Even with drinking the required 7 glasses a day, I felt myself just c-r-a-v-i-n-g the stuff.


Weigh in
Weight: 135 lbs.
Hydration level: 61%
Body Fat: 19.2%


EXACT SAME as yesterday. But do you want to know something cool? My skinniest skinny jeans are too big now. Mmmmm-hmmm. Don't think that doesn't make me hap-hap-happy. I was thinking of something tonight as I walked back in the dark from the gym. I don't want you to think I'm not happy with my body. I am. I appreciate my body and I think a lot of that comes from the attitude that yoga teaches you to have about your body. I'm grateful for a body that can do lots of things. I'm grateful for my longer than long torso. I'm grateful to be as tall as I am. I like my eyes, I like my freckles, & I like my hair. I love many things about my body and I think that's healthy.

Most importantly, I like me. But wanting to make improvements upon what you have is healthy too. And I know that some of you think I'm skinny, but skinny girls need love too. And skinny girls need to firm things up. And skinny girls wish for things to be a little different also. I have a little sister that dressed as a stick figure for Halloween one year and pretty much, the girl didn't even need a costume. But I know that she'd appreciate having a butt and she wants some muscles. I just don't want you to think I'm down on myself in any way.


Breakfast
  • oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon, & vanilla
Snacks
  • raw almonds
  • rice/seed crackers
  • clementine
I ate a lot of those snacks.

Lunch
  • baked sweet potato (white variety)
Dinner
  • pan-seared chicken with Mrs. Dash
  • green salad
  • baked sweet potato (yep, 2 in one day)
Water 7 glasses

Exercise
rode a stationary bike for 10 min. while catching up on designer tips in Architectural Digest. Funny how they all say " I love to look off the beaten path" and then proceed to list the same exact list of stores as the others. Hmmmmmmm. Did my push-ups, squats, & crunches & 1/2 hour of yoga.

How I feel
Pretty incredible. I want yummy things but just because yummy things are, well, yummy. And I'm a fan of yumminess. But when I do have yummy food now it is going to be WORTH the effort it takes to get it gone. Ya know? Who wants to work off cheap waxy chocolate?


Three things I'm grateful for today
  • Martin Luther King. What an incredible man with such a great dream and the drive to make it a reality.
  • the transforming power of nail polish 
  • snow????

5 comments:

Cheri said...

Okay - so I have the book in my cart on Amazon, but I need you to tell me if it is worth my money. I love to run. I don't have any way to guarantee that I can get to the gym to lift weights. Always on Saturday - and maybe one other night a week could I make it to the Y.

Is this a good choice for me right now or should I attempt something else?

Lindsay said...

Cheri!

Yay! We haven't BOUGHT the book ourselves. We check it out from the library or look at it online. I encourage those options (most especially the library option). I would do the Base Camp portion right now because it is something you can reasonably all do at home. Even if it means jumping rope or doing jumping jacks for 10 minutes to count for the cardio bit. Then when you've done your 12 days, decide what will work for you from there. Does that help? If you have more questions, let me know. :)

Cheri said...

Okay - very helpful. And I don't know why I didn't think they would have it at the library. Thanks for the reminder!

Love you! Have a great day! My sweet friend invited us over for dinner tonight to ease up on what I've got going on right now. Here's to thoughtful people!

ObeseAnon said...

Whenever anyone in our house complains of most anything I tell them to drink water. So, once I complained of a headache and Rich brought me a bottle of water which he wrote "Rainbow's Miracle Cure" on. I should bottle and market it! It works! haha

Anyway, good luck with your program. Seems like it is going well. Your posts help me stay motivated too. I have finally found myself in a place and head-space to try and tackle my weight. I am down 15 lbs but am anxious to get my energy back too. Hope you and your cute family are doing well. Take care!

Camille said...

Congratulations! I can't believe how fast your 12 days went for me. :) Excellent job sticking to it.